Monday, June 14, 2010

13.1 miles


I ran my first 1/2 marathon on Saturday morning! It was so much fun I think I might be addicted. Although, I am walking like I am ninety years old right now. I did it in 2 hrs and 4 min. I was hoping for 2 hours but close enough. The race started at 5:30 A.M. and my sweet husband and baby woke up at 4:00 to take me so I didn't have to take the shuttle bus, and wake up at 3:00. It was so fun to see Justin and my little trainer, aka Jackson, at the end of the finish line cheering me on. I take Jackson running with my sometimes and whenever I stop he looks back at me and gives me a look like get goin' mom. That is why I call him my little trainer he keeps me on track. My next race is in September and this time I am going to attempt the full marathon. I am pretty nervous about it after feeling like I was going to throw up after just the half, but I am doing it anyway. I know, it makes no sense, but those of you who run can understand my love/hate with the sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment