Sunday, July 29, 2012

Gage's Story Part 1

I love my boy's adoption story's they are both nothing short of miracles. As many of you know it is not a simple process to adopt a child nor do I think it should be. It is tons of paperwork and interviews and then once you get past that you need to set up a profile and if you really want to be "marketable" a blog. At times it seems so overwhelming trying to "sell yourselves" but we always knew that we were not looking for any baby but we were looking for the children that were meant to be in our home. We got officially approved to adopt again in July 2011. Once you get approved the agency encourages you to tell everyone you know your hopes to adopt and then the waiting game starts. I would check our email about 6 times a day the first few months hoping that a potential birth family was interested in us. Months went by with nothing. And then on February 25, 2012 day came! The Email: We had been emailing back and forth with a potential birth mother for a few weeks but our gut was not telling us that she was the one but you never know so we were still talking with her. So I went to check my email to see if she had emailed us and instead a saw a new contact. I opened it up and read the email. It was one line asking us one simple question. I got up off my chair and ran into the bedroom where Justin was. I told him about the email and we had that calm feeling come over us. We emailed back and forth a few times and each time was very short and very simple. Then a few days later our social worker called us and told us that they wanted to meet us! Of course we were so excited and nervous. You see the adoption world is a lot like the dating world. When you are meeting with a birth family for the first time it is kinda like your first blind date. So being a girl what do you do when you go on a blind date buy a new outfit and get your hair done. So that is just what I did I stressed about what to how to do my hair and what gifts I should bring them. Because those things are all so important right? Okay a little ridiculous I know but when you feel you have no control those little thing help. The whole time I was freaking out about our first meeting Justin stayed calm and kept telling me that they were the one's. This made me even more nervous because he said the same about Jackson's birth family and he seemed so confident that I didn't want to get my hopes up and go through another failed adoption. The Meeting: So the day came to meet A and N. We thought it would be best not to take Jackson with us so we could really sit down and get to know them. We met at their agency with our social. I was so nervous but at least this time I did not puke my guts out right before. When we walked and we saw A and N we fell in love with them right away. I can't even remember everything we talked about but the thing that stood out to me the most was every time A and I looked and each other it just felt familiar to me. We stayed about an hour and then we left saying we would keep in contact and maybe go out to dinner. So we did just that. This time we brought Jackson so they could meet him. We thought it was just another interview and had no idea that they were going to give us this.
They knew we were U of U fans and they made these for us. The card explained that it was not an easy decision but they wanted us to be their son's parents. We were so excited and shocked I could not believe it. When we were done with dinner and got in the car a could not stop doing the happy dance and Justin kept saying I told you it was them I am always right. He thinks he is always right on this one I was so glad he was.

No comments:

Post a Comment